I wonder if the new, but still undocumented Ns_ConnSetLocationProc() can
help you out:

In AOLserver 3.2, it is in conn.c and look like this:

>*----------------------------------------------------------------------
>  * Ns_SetConnLocationProc --
>  *
>  *      Set pointer to custom routine that acts like Ns_ConnLocation();
>  *
>  * Results:
>  *      None.
>  *
>  * Side effects:
>  *      None.
>  *
>  *----------------------------------------------------------------------
>  */
>void
>Ns_SetConnLocationProc(Ns_LocationProc *procPtr)
>{
>     locationPtr = procPtr;
>}

Jerry

At 10:25 AM 6/17/01 +0300, you wrote:
>Well, I'm modifying return.c, because in the Ns_ConnReturnRedirect() it is
>used Ns_ConnLocation(), which has in its comments:
>
>  * Ns_ConnLocation --
>  *
>  *      Get the location of this connection. It is of the form
>  *      METHOD://HOSTNAME:PORT
>
>The problem was that it returns the hostname of the server, which is set in
>the config file and when I am requesting a virtual host, using our patch and
>request http://virtualhost.domain.com/somedir Aolserver redirects my request
>to http://host_of_the_server/somedir/ and not
>http://virtualhost.domain.com/somedir/
>Everything is for the slash here. That's why I had to patch it. I don't
>claim that there isn't any better way to fix this, but that's what we did.
>About the module that you check out, although I'm not a TCL guru, I don't
>know what will be the behaviour of this module if you have more than 15000
>virtualhosts and more than 20Mbps web traffic. I know that our module works
>fine in these conditions and thanks to the prefect code of Aolserver. I
>preffered to write it in C, because I don't have any experience with TCL.
>
>Best regards,
>Boris Georgiev

Jerry Asher                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
1678 Shattuck Avenue Suite 161    Tel: (510) 549-2980
Berkeley, CA 94709                Fax: (877) 311-8688