No. nsopenssl only encrypts SSL traffic. It doesn't have the smarts yet to
take a chunk of data and encrypt it and pass it back to you, though it's
possible to add that functionality to the module.

Right now, you could run a shell (ugh, I know) script that takes your data,
runs it through openssl and returns the result to you. Unless you want to
hack on the nsopenssl module and add the capability you need (which I'll
gladly peer review and incorporate into the released version). Otherwise
it'll have to wait until I've completed this iteration of the module.

/s.