+---------- On Nov 8, Jamie Rasmussen said:
> Is AOLserver 4 going to be unsupported on Win32?  That would
> make me quite sad, as I just spent some time cleaning up the
> Visual Studio project files and was almost ready to submit them as
> patches.  Can anyone tell me why this is happening, or if I am
> mistaken?

This was discussed in the last weekly chat. Yes, the plan is to stop
supporting Win32 in AOLserver. Reasons given, as I recall, were that it
took a lot of Jim's time to implement/maintain and added significant
complexity to some parts of the code, such as the threads package
(especially since he's now considering supporting only pthreads, not
other random proprietary threads APIs).

A suggestion was floated that AOLserver could perhaps run on top of the
cygwin package, which implements many Unix APIs and commands under
Windows.  If someone wishes to port AOLserver to run on cygwin, and it
doesn't require many changes, then I suspect that Jim would accept
the patches for that.