On 2001.12.18, Kriston Rehberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'll try to get one going, I'm finishing up a class on C++ that uses
> MS VC++ and I might be able to apply that knowledge to the Win32 build
> especially when it comes to getting those %*#Q&$! extra modules like
> nscgi and nsssl built.

Heh.  nscgi builds under Win32, it just doesn't actually execute
CGI's.  At least, on my Win98 SE setup here, trying to execute
a simple .bat CGI hung the box hard and required a reset-switch
warm boot.  Thread problems, I'm guessing.  (Probably needs to
use CreateProcess() or ShellExecuteEx() under Win32 ...)

> For AOLserver 4.x, can anyone please try out building it with the
> current Cygwin?

Did that already.  No joy.  Perhaps Larry's comment may solve
the problem though:

On 2001.12.18, Larry W. Virden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Note that I believe that Tcl itself doesn't compile using the Cygwin
> compiler - you need the Mingw32 compiler with the flag saying that you
> want it to run under Cygwin I think - details are over in comp.lang.tcl

I guess I'll have to install Mingw32 and try it out.

However, I still ask:  won't the performance loss of running under
Cygwin make running AOLserver under Cygwin unattractive?

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]