It was a technical one. Making it win32-capable added a lot of code noise
and Jim D. asked the group at one of the chat sessions if there was any
reason not to drop win32 support, at least for 4.x. He wanted to focus on
cleaning up and improving the codebase and not spend a even more time on
win32 portability issues, especially with regards to threading.

/s.

> Was the decision to drop Win32 support on AOLServer 4.0 a political one
or a
> technical one?

> Was the decision to drop Win32 support on AOLServer 4.0 a political one
or a
> technical one?
> It seems as though there are some demand for Win32 support and as
AOLServer