Support Requests item #625689, was opened at 2002-10-19 16:05
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=203152&aid=625689&group_id=3152

Category: Configuration: Other
Group: aolserver3_4

Initial Comment:
Hi All,

 Ok, I've got an AOlserver/OpenACS server that has been
working for a fairly desent amount of time, which out
issue. However, this weekend she died rather suddenly
and I have not been able to restart with out it
crashing.

 I have fiddled with the stacksize value to the point
of even setting it to [4096x1024] but she still dies
with out any warning (last long enought to attempt to
spawn out the secondary process and dies)...

 The server is not running close to running out of
memoery (4 gigs in place at this time), the log file
shows she's connecting to the database, doing some
queries but she dies right after executing this query:

 [19/Oct/2002:18:57:58][42374.135335936][-main-]
Notice: dbinit:
sql(db.mydomain.net:5435:database_name): '
        select distinct package_key
        from apm_package_versions
        where enabled_p='t'
    '

 That is the last thing displayed in the log file.
I've done some extensive tracing on the log file and do
not find anything other then one warning about ns_share
(which as far as I can tell is not being used
anywhere).

 Anyone have any ideas? should I be upgrading to
aolserver 3.5?