From: AOLserver Discussion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jim Davidson
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 1:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] Sign Up for AOLserver Documentation!

In a message dated 11/3/02 2:09:20 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

If you mean that all the ns_sock* commands are to be documented under one ns_sock.n man page, I have to disagree. It breaks the unix standard of one command per man page. I wouldn't know to look in ns_sock.n for ns_sockopen; the user should not need to know what file a command is defined in so they can look up the command. And when I want to see how ns_sockopen works, I don't want ns_socklisten and the others on the same page. I'd rather have the other related commands be in the "See Also" section.

I believe strongly that we should have one man page per API call, and not one man page per file name.

Hi,
The AOLserver doc install, like Tcl, includes a mkLinks script which links up all the pages.  This means "man ns_sockopen", "man ns_sockaccept", etc. return the same page.
-Jim