----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Mayoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 8:50 AM
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] HTTP 1.1 Pipelining.

> +---------- On Nov 11, Patrick Spence said:
> > Hopefully if this is ever implemented it would be a toggleable item so
we
> > aren't forced to have it available...
>
> You could set up a preauth filter that removes Range header from ns_conn
> headers.  But I don't know why you'd want to disable it.

The aforementioned download accellerators..I don't fancy 10 hits from a
single user just because he is impatient with the speed of download from my
site when grabbing a file, and as for a pre-auth filter.. wouldn't that add
more overhead to process all header requests than a simple toggle in the
config?

:)