On 2002.12.24, Scott S. Goodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What OS are you running on? I believe the more recent versions of Linux have
> stopped showing multiple threads as separate entries in ps by default.
>
> Try doing a 'ps -eafm'. The 'm' tells it to show threads.

That's pretty funny.  My ps shows threads normally, and requires -m in
order to hide them.

# ps -ef | grep nsd | grep www.panoptic.com | wc -l
      8

# ps -efm | grep nsd | grep www.panoptic.com | wc -l
      1

According to the manpage, -m is "show threads" ... so it gave me a good
chuckle this morning.

Merry Christmas.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]