I'm seeing the exact same problem, however I have ServerSessionCache set to true. I'm
using
nsopenssl 2.1. What could the problem be?

This is the nsopenssl part of my aolserver config file:

-----
ns_section "ns/server/${servername}/module/nsopenssl"
ns_param ServerPort                      ${httpsport}
ns_param ServerHostname                  ${hostname}
ns_param ServerAddress                   ${address}
ns_param ServerCertFile                  ${sslcertificate}
ns_param ServerKeyFile                   ${sslkey}
ns_param ServerProtocols                 All
ns_param ServerCipherSuite
"ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL"
ns_param ServerSessionCache              true
ns_param ServerSessionCacheID            1
ns_param ServerSessionCacheSize          512
ns_param ServerSessionCacheTimeout       300
ns_param ServerPeerVerify                false
ns_param ServerPeerVerifyDepth           3
ns_param ServerCADir                     ${sslcadir}
ns_param ServerCAFile                    ${sslcafile}
ns_param ServerTrace                     false

ns_param SockServerCertFile                  ${sslcertificate}
ns_param SockServerKeyFile                   ${sslkey}
ns_param SockServerProtocols                 All
ns_param SockServerCipherSuite
"ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL"
ns_param SockServerSessionCache              true
ns_param SockServerSessionCacheID            2
ns_param SockServerSessionCacheSize          512
ns_param SockServerSessionCacheTimeout       300
ns_param SockServerPeerVerify                true
ns_param SockServerPeerVerifyDepth           3
ns_param SockServerCADir                     ${sslinternalcadir}
ns_param SockServerCAFile                    ${sslinternalcafile}
ns_param SockServerTrace                     false

ns_param SockClientCertFile                  ${sslclientcertificate}
ns_param SockClientKeyFile                   ${sslclientkey}
ns_param SockClientProtocols                 All
ns_param SockClientCipherSuite
"ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL"
ns_param SockClientSessionCache              true
ns_param SockClientSessionCacheID            3
ns_param SockClientSessionCacheSize          512
ns_param SockClientSessionCacheTimeout       300
ns_param SockClientPeerVerify                true
ns_param SockClientPeerVerifyDepth           3
ns_param SockClientCADir                     ${sslservercadir}
ns_param SockClientCAFile                    ${sslservercafile}
ns_param SockClientTrace                     false

ns_param RandomFile                      /dev/urandom
ns_param SeedBytes                       1024
----

Thanks,

-Oscar