I love it! Conversing with the maintainers. Yes, more info in the README
please. I am sure to physically separate the web server from the database
server soon. Free Geek Michiana intends to host sites and provide web
application services for nonprofits. Info on bullet proof virtual hosting
would be helpful.

http://www.freegeekmichiana.org/

Tom

At 11:08 AM 5/29/03 -0400, you wrote:
>On Thursday 29 May 2003 10:06, Tom Brown wrote:
>> The offending line from the server configuration file was originally
>> "ns_param datasource  HOSTNAME:PORT:database_name". It didn't work either.
>> Was the syntax wrong? Or the variables not defined? How do you know to use
>> port 5432?
>
>The PORT in the datasource parameter is the port number postmaster is
>listening to.  In the default case that's 5432.
>
>The variables weren't defined, since you could have a large web site pulling
>data from multiple database servers, on multiple postmasters (ports), and
>multiple database names.
>
>That _used_ to be in the documentation -- but it's been a long time since
I've