On 2003.07.19, Rob Mayoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +---------- On Jul 19, Nathan Folkman said:
> > Actually I think Dossy is proposing to add a new arg to the ns_conn
> > command, and not changing the current behavior of "ns_conn peeraddr" in
> > order to keep backwards compatibility. I believe the proposal was to add
> > something like "ns_conn clientaddr". Dossy, please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> A totally separate command, like "ns_clientaddr", would be better. It's
> easy to backport a standalone command - particularly when it can be
> easily implemented in Tcl alone. It's more involved to backport a new
> ns_conn subcommand.

Well, perhaps in 4.x we can implement it as "ns_conn clientaddr" and
make ns_clientaddr simply call ns_conn clientaddr.  Then, backport
ns_clientaddr to 3.x as a Tcl proc, then immediately deprecate the
ns_clientaddr interface.  ;-)

-- Dossy
:-)

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]