On 2003.07.21, Matthew Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 11:31  AM, Dossy wrote:
> >I'm still unsure what benefit there is in changing the current
> >semantics of [ns_conn peeraddr] ...
>
> Because then people with an extensive codebase don't have to go and
> change it all to get the new functionality, they just have to flip the
> switch in the config file and everything just works. People that don't
> want the functionality or don't care don't see any changes in the
> existing funtionality.

$ perl -pi -e 's/\[ns_conn peeraddr\]/[ns_conn clientaddr]/g' *.tcl *.adp

Those who want the new functionality in their existing codebase get a
one-liner and however many minutes it takes to run it across their
entire codebase.  Those who don't want it, don't have to do a thing.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]