No problem at all, i had to write some kind of nslog module to do custom
logging myself for another project,
i might've misunderstood your intensions.

Zoran Vasiljevic wrote:
On Monday 08 March 2004 17:27, you wrote:

There is Tcl syslog extension, i use it in my Tcl scripts but it is fo
rUnix only.
If Windows is one of the platforms syslog may not be portable solution,
but if only Unix,
collecting nsd.logs over syslog makes life much easier than re-inventing
Tcl version of syslog
itself.

Please note that I'm not *reinventing* anything. I just want to
make *existing* ns_log facility be able to use alternative channels
apart from the one file-channel hard-wired at the server start.

Also, collecting nsd logs over syslog is not much easier. It is,
at least in our case, out of the question. The only viable
solution for us is to manage our own socket connection to other
AS instances and set them to use alternative log sinks.

I do believe that this might open interesting possibilities to
other AS users, not necessarily familiar with syslog and its
configuration.

Zoran

-- AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/

-- Vlad Seryakov 703 961-5433 office [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.crystalballinc.com/vlad/