Personally, I agree. I really think it would be over
complicating things. I am not sure why OpenACS was so
gungho (sp?) about the templating system, in the first
place.

BUT, that's just my opinion. I am sure there are
people that want this behavior...but, most likely it
is something that can just be added as an extension
anyways...no reason to put it in the core...correct?