On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:49:56PM +0530, Rakesh Mahajan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to aolserver development list.
> I am installing the aolserver with oracle but facing problems.
> Can anyone give me the steps of installing it?

Perhaps you could be a little more vague, so that we have even more
trouble helping you?

The OpenACS install docs are usually pretty good:

  http://openacs.org/doc/current/acs-admin.html

> Is it necessary to have oracle and aolserver on same machine?

No.  But Oracle supports 3 different types of client connection (if I
remember correctly: Bequeath, UNIX sockets, TCP/IP sockets), only one
of those works when the Oracle server is on a remote machine - TCP/IP.

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com/