After reading throught the digest of the discussion on this list and
remembering Dossy's statement about "donating a server", I'm more than
inclined to ask the OpenACS Core Team to allow the creation of an AOLserver
community at openacs.org or host a service on one of our machines. For one,
I think using a forum is more user friendly, especially if you only read the
digest. Furthermore the file storage would allow us to exchange files and
patches without putting them on CVS and/or rely on sourceforge.

On a related note, what is the downside of having an AOLserver stable
branch, where only the AOL approved developers have access to and a testing
branch where everyone can add their patches to. Needless to mention that
from time to time the stable branch needs to be merged with the testing one.

As for importance of development, if Dossy is strikt about not letting
others participate actively in the core development (read: give them CVS
access without the need for one person to accept patches), then the main
interest would be to rewrite the modules part of AOLserver to a degree where
all the functionality that has been written and needs patches to work can
work smoothly as a module. And while we are at it, we could write an Apache
Modules wrapper ;-).