I'm inclined to say it either shouldn't be documented, or it should be
documented as an undocumented behavior. I don't think this is something
that should cause backward compatibility problems later, since there's
no good reason for it to behave the way it is now (other than it's too
slow to make it behave "correctly").

Rob Seeger