Fred Cox said:
> Expecting, or hoping for?  Basically, I'd like to able
> to utilize a 10Mb connection, or roughly 10-100 hits
> per second, with maybe 5% of those being uploads.
I don't see much of a problem with that, depending on how big the files
are, of course and how efficient your authetication is. But if you plan
100 requests on a 10Mbit interface, the files can't be bigger than 10K
each, correct? AOLserver will serve about that amount of static files of
that size on that kind of machine (just tried) so there you are good.

If you are autheticating those static file dowloads as well, that's of
course best left in a trace in C and should not make anything slower if
you have all auth data in memory.

Uploads will be slower, if you do end up with 5 per second, I'd imagine
you wouldn't hit the top end of you hoped for number of hits, but it'd be
close, even using Tcl.

To be honest, if this is a dynamic web app with people surfing the site,
Tcl would be the way to go. But it sounds like this is for some automatic
upload process that doesn't need a fancy interface, in which case you
might as well go with C to get the most out of it you can.

Cheers,
Bas.