Nima schrieb:

I would like to understand more the relation between:
- number of concurrent requests
- number of required threads
- number of required database connections in the pool

Can someone kindly give more insight on that?

Let's say I have 50 concurrent users. How many threads do I need with how many db connections for each db pool?
the question certainly is, what "concurrent users" means; most probably you are talking about the 10 min. window (the request-monitor/running info shows the number of concurrently active requests at a time). note, that when talking about "concurrent users", it might be the case that one user has many requests concurrently running. To simplify things, we should talk about e.g. 10 concurrent requests.
Then you need
- at least 10 threads
- at least 10 connections
The number of database connections is more difficult to estimate, since
this in an application(oacs) matter. In oacs, most dynamic requests need
1 or 2  db connections concurrently.

You should as well pay attention to scheduled procedures, which might as well
require significant resources.

Also what is the relation between usage of RAM and number of threads?
there is a linear relationship. since aolserver/oacs loads by default everything
into ram, and every thread has a separate interpreter state, 20 connection
threads require typically twice the memory of 10 connection threads.

When I look at top the aolserver currently in top it says:
%MEM PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU TIME+ COMMAND 41.7 27147 unima2 25 0 1796m 1.6g 7448 S 0.0 0:36.66 /opt/aolserver4/bin/nsd -u unima2 -t /www/unima2/etc/config.tcl

with basically 44 users who do nothing but still the server uses 41% of the RAM.

if nothing else is running on that machine, i would not worry about the 1.6g. I would recommend to restart the server every night at 4 o'clock. we have noticed
a significant decrease on speed with long running aolservers (at least on MP
machines). I am not sure, where this comes from, maybe this is due to
memory fragmentation.

-gustaf