On 2007.08.03, Tom Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The only person who called anyone anything was Dossy, who called me a
> griefer, based upon his definition of contribution and his perception
> that he's done much more of it than I have.

Sorry, I shouldn't have used a word that doesn't have a widely
understood definition.  Wikipedia's definition is a pretty good starting
point:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

    "A griefer is a slang term used to describe a player in an online
    video game who plays the game simply to cause grief to other players
    through harassment."

A "griefer" is one whose goal for participation is to "cause grief" for
other players.  I said you make me feel like you're being a griefer
because your participation in this email thread has degenerated into
telling everyone what they're doing wrong, inciting people with
aggressive words, and complaining--it's hard for me to see what you're
actually trying to change or improve through your actions.

If you're frustrated at the project's progress, or my involvement with
it, or anything else, and you feel the need to rant and complain, in
order to put it behind you and start moving forward again, I'm okay
with that.  However, I'd just ask you to consider whether you think it's
appropriate for the mailing list, and if not, send it directly to the
person you feel the need to complain to or rant at.

Thanks,

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/