Dear Alex,

The good news is that it bloats only on one server,
so the problem must on that configuration.

There were a couple of memory leaks reported for postgres 7.4,
not sure if these hit you (google around):
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/release-6-5.html

do you have a chance to install on the affected machine
as well postgres 8.2 (maybe in addition to 7.4)?
it would be interesting to see, if you still see a bloat.

i found a small glitch in your "crude script":
The last line of the xotcl install should read:

 execute make install-aol

instead of
 execute make install

-gustaf neumann

Alex schrieb:
Tom, Gustaf, All

Yes, that happens even if the same page is requested.
Could you tell me more about pre-queue filters?

The interesting thing is that I only see this memory leak issue on one
of my servers.
All servers run x86 Debian, though might be slightly differently
dist-upgraded, Postgres version differs 7.4 vs 8.2
The website code itself, nsd config files are exactly the same on all servers.

Over the weekend I tried to rebuild tcl, tcllib, xotcl, aolserver.
The details how I did it can be found here
http://alex-andr.org/notes/tiki-index.php?page=AOLServer+setup+with+XOTcl
I used latest versions however, tcl 8.4.18, tcllib 1.10, xotcl 1.6.0

I even made a crude script that fetches the sources and builds a
stand-alone aolserver installation,
in order to make sure the build results are reproducible.
http://alex-andr.org/notes/tiki-index.php?page=nsd+setup+script

Still, even when all [hopefully] binaries are being copied to all
servers, only one of them
experience the same issue with huge memory leak on each page request.

Any insightful thoughts?

Thanks,
~ Alex.