From: AOLserver Discussion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Titi Alailima
Sent: 01 May 2008 17:31
To: AOLSERVER@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] Getting a handle on memory usage

This isn't a very helpful response.  I'm not even asking about ongoing memory
growth and overhead, at least not yet.  I want to know what are the parts that
we (or at least some of us) _do_ understand and how can we at least calculate
those things so that:
1. we even have a sense of how much memory is being eaten up by things we don't
know
2. we know at least roughly what sort of impact we can make by adjusting the
parts we do know

As for these test workloads, can someone enlighten me more as to what they
might look like and how they would be used?  Depending on what is involved, I
or someone I know may be able to figure something out to get us started in the
right direction.

Titi Ala'ilima
Lead Architect
MedTouch LLC