On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 11:37 +1000, russell muetzelfeldt wrote:
> On 19/08/2008, at 10:56 AM, Tom Jackson wrote:
>
> > You want a transactional database but you are using a filesystem.
> > Grow up.
>
> and
>
> > If your application wasn't the responsible party which violated the
> > expectation you state, I would agree (maybe).
>

> please go and re-read this thread, and get your parties straight.

Sorry, I don't follow.

Until someone explains to me why we need to be able to create and delete
a file (then return it via fastpath), then create another file in the
same second, I'll maintain that there is no bug in fastpath.

The whole thing is a waste of time and space. We don't need to fix
ns_returnfile so that it is easier to waste time or space.