Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.  That script runs on SERVERA just to do a lot of
http requests on SERVERB and stops when SERVERB returns something of 0 size
(less than 2 actually).  Monitoring the aolserver/log/server.log file on
SERVERA will show the progress of requests and monitoring the access.log file
on SERVERB will show the progress of responces.

When a "bad" page is requested on SERVERB, the "bad" page processes normally
and without any detected errors, however, upon exit seems to corrupt a thread
which then causes "the problem" the next time a request is made and the thread
needs to parse an adp.

Since all of these so called "bad" pages I have found use a ns_returnredirect
followed by a ns_adp_abort I assumed that that was the culprit, however, it
seems that something else is required to cause the problem as well since it
does not happen with all redirect/aborts, just with some, and always with the
same ones.

I haven't had time to look into it more since last night, but I plan on
narrowing down the problem this evening once I have time.  Currently the site
in question with these bad pages is about 12 years old, version built on
version and as you can no doubt imagine is now quite bloated and complex in
some areas, so instead of posting 1000 lines of code which may contain an
issue, I'll wait till I cannarrow it down a bit.

_Peter