From: AOLserver Discussion [aolser...@listserv.aol.com] On Behalf Of Dino Vliet
[dino_vl...@yahoo.com]
Sent: 24 September 2009 13:34
To: AOLSERVER@listserv.aol.com
Subject: [AOLSERVER] 3 aolserver questions reagrding calender/drop down
list/security

Dear Aolserver people,

I'm busy building my site and so far everything works fine. I consider myself a
starter in website construction & aolserver programming. I prefer to only use
HTML, CSS and TCL (including ADP's) on the sites I'm building.

I have to following questions, where I hope somebody can point me in the right
direction/ give me some guidelines or show me example code:-)

Question 1)
I see the need to present the users of my site with a small little calender,
when they want to input date fields in my forms. How is this accomplished? Do I
really need javascript for this, or are there other possibilities, preferrably
with TCL?

Question 2)
I would like to see people select their current country in a drop down box.
Does anyone know how this is done? And where I will get the whole list of all
countries in the world?

Question 3)
If I look at my access.log file, I see a lot of strange requests where my
server gives 404 as a response. Who has some great tips for me about security
aspects of a production aolserver? I tried googling for this but they are all
apache related. Who has some pointers for me regarding aolserver? What kind of
operators should I avoid? Should I put every logic into the TCL or ADP pages
(like calculating a price of a service or checking the availability of a
service etc etc) or should I code as much logic into the database with stored
procedures. Would you put smtp login credentials for a external smtp server in
a TCL or ADP page or would you "solve" the issue of mailing after a reservation
another way?

Brgds and thanks for your time,

Dino