Maurizio Martignano wrote:

Well… ehm... the version in the tar ball compiles and runs well under
Windows…

Not so for the version under CVS HEAD: many of the changes introduced
have been implemented with a careful eye only for *nix, and not for Windows.

By looking at the code I have the feeling that the interest in
supporting Windows is fading down…

Speaking only for myself...

Keeping the windows port current is valuable, both to support more users, and to force proper coding practices. The problem isn't so much lack of interest as lack of capability. I am a unix developer, and I don't have the time or money (looks like $500 for Visual Studio) to set up a proper windows development environment. That said, it's possible that many of the compilation problems are quite simple to address when faced with the error messages, provided the build is simple to set up.

To have things in perspective… please go to the ]project-open[ web site,
go to the download section and see how many people have downloaded the
Windows version

and how many have downloaded any of the other version…

I'm curious, but I didn't see anywhere to view these numbers - do you have a direct link?

I’m not a big organization, I cannot influence you, but I have to say I
am very sorry and sad for this… evolution…. Being so small I don’t have
the energy to look at all your changes and additions and make sure they
work properly on Windows. If this trend continues I will be forced to
generate a sort of fork and incorporate, add the new changes, the new
additions to my code base on a case by case basis, driven by the actual
needs.

AFAIK AOL abandoned all support of AOLserver several years ago, so there's no big organization involved; your voice is as loud as any other.

-J

Any opinion?

Thanks in advance,

Maurizio

-- AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/

<lists...@listserv.aol.com> with the body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the
email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.