>Number:         2026
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       Max log file size is 2,147,483,616 (2^31 - 32) bytes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
After log files reach 2,147,483,616 bytes no more hits are logged.  The
server otherwise seems to perform normally.

The server in question only getting about 5 million hits per day, so this
only becomes a problem if our nightly rollover/ restart process does not
run.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I know there are routines for using 64-bit file access.  I'll see if these
can be used and if Apache can be compiled to use them.  We may hit the
2 gig limit in a few months, but terabyte limits would be the best answer.

Workarounds include using the existing facility for logging to a subprocess
which handles log rotation automatically.  Still, I'd prefer not to introduce
a second process into the system.
%0
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
[you need to include <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in the Cc line ]