>Number:         2491
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       Configure redefining STATUS in ~/src/include/ap_config.h
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Using the automagical configure in the top level directory of Apache 1.3.0 is
redefining STATUS defined under /usr/include/arpa/nameser.h.

The Apache configure creates the file ~/src/include/ap_config.h and makes the
entry:

#ifndef STATUS
#define STATUS
#endif

Where /usr/include/arpa/nameser.h defines this as:

#define STATUS  0x2  /* nameserver status query */

This happens on both Solaris 2.6 and Solaris x86 2.6.

I noticed this when compiling PHP 3.0 w/the Apache code ( generated compile
warning ).

I just fixed it by hand and seems to be OK.
>How-To-Repeat:
Run the top level configure in the apache distribution.

configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache
configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache
--activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a

>Fix:

>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
[you need to include <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in the Cc line ]