I dont get yet,
If a user press the button and sends the quit command to server,
the servers sends a "userLeft" command to everyone in the channel.
You can catch the event by adding the event on client side pipe object

pipe.addEven("userLeft", function(user, pipe){
      //notify which user has left
      alert(user.properties.name);
})

Doesn't that works for you? BTW is been a while since i last coded for
APE so might be wrong...