Have you read the article "Exploring Machine Translation on the Web" on
the revista Tradumàtica from december 2010?
There is a comparison (only with 4 sentences!) between 4 MT engines:
Yahoo! Babelfish, Google Translate, Apertium and Microsoft Translator.

Among other things, the article says about Apertium: "It does not
support URL or webpage translation directly. The user needs to cut and
paste the text and it provides a translation at the bottom of the input
box."

The author of the article didn't pay much attention to the page, but I
think it is not very clear that in www.apertium.org one can also
translate web pages. I personally liked more the older version of the
page, where there were different tabs for text translation and web
translation. I also think "web translation" is more clear than "surf and
translate".
This is to contribute to the point I've read in the Minutes of the
Apertium extraordinary meeting:

"Participants agree that the Apertium website needs improvement and
      changes. Xavi is asked to do them and participants suggest to pay
      this from remaining Apertium funds"

On the other hand maybe it's time to do a new release for en-es, since
some of the errors that appear in the article are solved in the version
from svn.

Mireia