This is a very strange movement. Abuse? Google has the tools to restrict
access to its APIs whenever they want!

Probably, programmers will move to Bing Translator or wait for Google to
offer a new non-free API. They could also use Apertium API (http:://
api.apertium.org), but I guess the amount of resources available for
Apertium API is significantly smaller than those at Google's.

   Juan Antonio