On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 08:12:14PM +0100, Jimmy O'Regan wrote:
> 2011/7/3 Keld Jørn Simonsen <k...@keldix.com>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am still stuck with this problem - I cannot progress my Apertium work
> > without a solution to this problem.
> >

> When you write a question to a mailing list and get no answer, you can
> usually take that as a sign that nobody understood the question, and
> are waiting to see if someone else has understood. Rephrase the
> question. What are you talking about? Introducing new lexical
> ambiguity (i.e., in the monodix)? or introducing new translations for
> words that are already in the bidix? or is it something else?

Well, I did that in the thread then:

> Re: [Apertium-stuff] disabling new homonyms
> From: Jimmy O'Regan <joregan@gm...> - 2010-10-29 22:22
>
> 2010/10/29 Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld@...>:

> >> Without retraining the tagger, there's no way to do that. There are
> >> preference rules, but those only filter on tags. I think it might be
> >> useful to extend the tagger to have a mechanism to make certain tag
> >> choices for specific lemmas, and not too difficult to implement,
> >> based
> >> on the existing preference rules, but it's not going to be done in a
> >> hurry.
> >
> > I don't want to exclude the new offending complete lemma, but only
> > those surface forms of the new lemma, that gives homonyms of
> > the old existing lemmas. This would address a concern of Jacob's
> > about introoducing new erroneous surface forms - om my 40.000 swedish
> > lemmas.
>
> Yes, yes, I understood what you meant.

So that person actually understood what I meant the first time - good to
know that there is at least one person (plus my mother) that understands
me - although the understanding may crumble over time.

But there above you have a further refinement of my problem.

best regards
keld