Hi,

thanks for helping.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 09:25, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <unham...@fsfe.org>wrote:

> Orosz György <oros...@itk.ppke.hu> writes:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am asking your help, hope someone can clarify these thigs: I am
> wondering if it is
> > possible to use the apertium tagger as a standalone application, without
> creating all
> > the resources used by the MT system.
>
> It's possible to use it by itself, like

> apertium-tagger en.prob

It is clear. I am wondering about the supervised training: is it possible
to train the tagger (in a supervised manner) without creating all the
lexical resources used by the MT system? What is not obvious for me, that
why are these parameters needed:
"apertium-tagger[-d] -s=n DIC CRP TSX TAGGER_DATA HTAG UNTAG"

> I don't think you can compile apertium-tagger without compiling other
> core apertium functions, if that's what you mean. But the only other
> build dependency you have to compile is lttoolbox, and when you've got
> them installed, apertium-tagger is perfectly usable by itself (without
> using the rest of the scripts).

> > We have a morphologically disambiguated training
> > corpus, and a morphological analyzer. Is it possible to train the tagger
> in a supervised
> > mode using only these resources? (Of course we can convert the output of
> the MA to the
> > format that is used by Apertium.)
> >
> > If not, could anyone explain how to use the tool?
> > The manual states the following parameters are needed:
> > apertium-tagger[-d] -s=n DIC CRP TSX TAGGER_DATA HTAG UNTAG
>
> http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Tagger_training should be a good starting
> point (it seems no one has written the section on Supervised training,
> but see Question 2 under
>
> http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Unsupervised_tagger_training#Improving_the_tagger_performance
> ).
>

> hope this helps,