Per Tunedal kirjoitti 10. aug. 2012 kello 10:17:

> Mikel Artetxe has explained that the OmegaT plug-in doesn't work for
> language pairs that depends on programs that aren't a part of
> lttoolbox-java. Six language pairs depend on the Constraint Grammar
> package and are thus excluded, one of them is apertium-nn-nb. But sv-da
> doesn't use any constraint grammar, thus I concluded that sv-nb (Norsk
> bokmål) wouldn't need one either. And would come to real use, by real
> translators, using OmegaT. If the pair cannot be used, I don't see any
> need to develop it.

Aha, I did not know of that limitation. Also lttoolbox has disambiguation, it
is just statistically based (if I understand it correctly). So, in that case
you should take some big swedish tagged corpora (e.g. from Språkbanken), and
train your apertium disambiguator on them (documentation on wiki.apertium.org,
I never did this myself).

>> a. via a parallel corpus (of course)
> I thought I could do without this and only work with monolingual data.

Kimmo Koskenniemi once said: "Don't guess if you know".
So, if you have parallel copora, use them.

>> b. by
>> --- 1 taking a sv list of words
>> --- run it through a sv2no orthographical + lexical transfer
> Tools for this? Any documentation?

No, no tools made. The rest of my posting was a sketch of how to make it.
(…)

>> For 1: swetwol :-) But it seems there are resources in Gothenburg:
>> http://www.cse.chalmers.se/alumni/markus/FM/download/swedish.lexicon
>> This might even work.
> As an input for transfer rules or for a potential constraint grammar?

As a basis for your Swedish morphology (which may be in place already, in
sv-da?)
The sv morphology will then be input to CG, or, as I now hear about the
OmegaT-imposed limitations, as input to the apertium statistical
tagger/disambiguator.

> As a native Swede, I don't see any need for this.

By "Lexin" i did not imply that you was an immigrant in need of a dictionary,
but that you might be interested in the lemma list of 30000 words Lexin offers.
I have been told that it is now available under an open license. But looking at
their webpage I do not find a download link.

You will in any case need a Swedish lemma list to apply the sv2no script to.

Trond