Hi Jimmy,
Yes, I suddenly understood when I woke up this morning. My file with one
sentence a line is treated as one long sentence, because the line feed
character is treated just as a space.
And the punctuation is really helpful. I suppose the tagger was trained
with punctuation and will be quite lost without it.

What a relief! Apertium should not be beaten by IBM model 1 for a pair
like fr-es!

Thank you!
Yours,
Per Tunedal

PS I will make a new version of the infamous Block World Corpus, now
with punctuation. Where can I send my findings if I find something odd
when testing again?

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013, at 22:57, Jimmy O'Regan wrote:
> On 2 September 2013 19:45, Per Tunedal <per.tune...@operamail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > interesting, but confusing.
> >
> > You are right. When I translate 'Prenez un bloc!' at
> > http://www.apertium.org I get the expected "Tomad un bloque!",

--snip--