-------- Mensaje Original --------
Asunto: [GSoC Mentors] Announcing GSoC 2019 - 15 years of GSoC!
Fecha: 2018-11-14 19:31
De: "'sttaylor' via Google Summer of Code Mentors List" <google-summer-of-code-mentors-l...@googlegroups.com> Destinatario: Google Summer of Code Mentors List <google-summer-of-code-mentors-l...@googlegroups.com>
Responder a: sttaylor <sttay...@google.com>

Hello Mentors and Org Admins,
We are pleased to announce Google Summer of Code 2019 [1], the 15th
consecutive year of the program.

The program announcement [2], timeline [3], marketing materials [4]
(slide deck, flyers), FAQs [5], and short videos [6] with tips for
mentors and students are all available. You'll also notice the 2018
program has now been archived [7].
Organizations -- If you would like to apply for the 2019 program please
start thinking about the projects you would like students to work on and
also reach out to your community members to ask if they would like to be
mentors for the program. Having a thorough and well thought out list of
Project Ideas is the most important part of your application.
Please note that Org applications will open on January 15th. This is
back to a more normal org apps open timeframe, last year we tried to
move org apps and the whole program timeline earlier which received more
complaints than happy folks so we listened and pushed the timeline back
again. We kept the 4 weeks for students to reach out to accepted orgs
before the student application period begins. We hope the additional
time will allow students to better communicate with the orgs they are
interested in and will help orgs find the best student matches for their
organizations for the summer.
We are looking forward to another exciting year of GSoC!
For any questions about the programs please email us at
gsoc-supp...@google.com
Best,

Stephanie

Visit this group at