Hi Apertiumers,

This summer for GSoC I've been working on an alternative structural
transfer module that constructs proper parse trees to make long-distance
reordering possible.

The module has its own formalism for transfer rules, but it also accepts
slightly modified t1x and t3x rules, so existing rulesets can likely be
gotten working fairly quickly.

The module itself can be found at
https://github.com/apertium/apertium-recursive and documentation is at
http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Apertium-recursive

If you're interested in using apertium-recursive, I'd be happy to help
however I can. Feel free to contact me by email, IRC (popcorndude), or
github (mr-martian).

I've learned a lot and had a lot of fun this summer. Thank you all for
making Apertium the project that it is and thank you to Jonathan
Washington, Mikel Forcada, and Francis Tyers for being my mentors and I
hope to continue to be involved in the future.

Daniel Swanson