Hi there,
I am Faiz Alam, a sophomore student of Maharaja Surajmal Institute of
Technology(MSIT, New Delhi, India) majoring in Computer Science. I am well
versed with Python and machine learning along with web technologies like
HTML, CSS, Js. I was researching Apertium for the past 1 week, I even had a
meeting with one of the 2021 GSoC participants ( Anuradha Pandey). She gave
me an elaborated description of what Apertium is, how rule-based machine
translation is used, how Apertium is different than any other translator,
etc.
I tried to set up the codebase on my macOS by following wiki articles, but
the articles seem to be very old and haven't been updated in a while. I
followed this article
<https://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Prerequisites_for_Mac_OS_X> to fulfill the
prerequisites on my machine. I followed the mentioned steps of installing
Apertium using Macports with this command

sudo port install autoconf automake expat flex \
gettext gperf help2man libiconv libtool \
libxml2 libxslt m4 ncurses p5-locale-gettext \
pcre perl5 pkgconfig zlib gawk subversion

but after this step, I am lost. I am not able to figure out how to proceed
next. Is there any revised article which I can follow? I checked youtube
too but over there videos are as old as 5 yrs.
It would be great if anyone can help me in setting up the codebase or
provide me with a clear concise article that I can follow.
Thankyou
Warm Regards,
Faiz Alam