Our philosophy at this time is to educate

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: VCS Appears on MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:30:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: Veterans for Common Sense <cont...@veteransforcommonsense.org>
To: a...@apfn.org

You're receiving this email because you are on the Veterans for Common Sense e-mail list. Please confirm your continued interest in receiving email from us.

You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.
Veterans for Common Sense, Inc.
September 3: VCS on Live with MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, Plus More VCS News

In Live TV Interview, VCS Fights for Veterans

VCS hopes you have a happy and safe Labor Day holiday weekend.

Former Republican Senator Alan Simpson said our Vietnam War veterans' disability benefits should be cut.  After fighting 40 years for urgently needed healthcare, and with final victory at hand for presumptive VA healthcare benefits, Simpson's comments are disgraceful.

Watch Paul Sullivan's live interview about Simpson with MSNBC's Keith Olbermann
.  VCS thanks the hundreds of people who called, e-mailed and sent Facebook messages to VCS after our appearance.

If you agree our successful VCS advocacy for all veterans is needed to highlight the needs of our veterans and fight anti-veteran views, then please send us a donation today.

VCS Promotes Public Awareness of Veterans' Needs

For anyone who watches movies about war and veterans, VCS asks you to share one film with your friends.  Hopefully, VCS wants a top producer in Hollywood to read this essay by Jamie Reno, quoting VCS,  and re-make the best war movie you (possibly) never saw.

The more facts non-military, non-veteran Americans learn about our military and our veterans, then the more the public will support our veterans and our VA.

If you agree our high-profile VCS advocacy is important to reach more Americans about the needs of our service members and veterans, then please send us a donation today

VCS FOIA Research in the News

On MSNBC this week, VCS publicizeded the fact VA hospitals and clinics already treated more than 537,000 new, first-time Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran patients.

Americans know this official VA statistic because of our extensive use of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) here at VCS.  Please read our original VCS editorial, published by Fierce Government IT News, describing how VCS leads the national FOIA research effort investigating VA.

If you agree Americans and Congress have a right to know how many veterans VA treats and how much it costs, then please send us a donation today to support our FOIA research

Other Important News for Service Members and Veterans

Here are three more critical news clips so you stay informed.

First, now that the Iraq War is ending, President Barack Obama pledges support for our Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans.  VCS thanks our President for his kind words, and we want to make sure they become a reality.

Second, Prudential Insurance was sued for fraud for not paying families lump sum insurance payments after soldiers and veterans died.   The families claim Prudential may have stolen up to a half-billion dollars of money over more than a decade.

Third, Dr. Robert Haley, a researcher strongly supported by many Gulf War veterans including VCS, released new findings of importance to our 250,000 ill veterans.  The latest vital information comes to you from www.91Outcomes.com, a web site run by Gulf War veteran Anthony Hardie.

If you agree that getting weekly news updates from VCS is important, then please send us a donation so you stay informed.

This Labor Day weekend, VCS needs your support so we can keep the flame of advocacy for our service members, veterans, and families strong.

VCS continues our successful government relations and public relations advocacy because of supporters like you.  If you like what we do, then please tell your friends and send us a donation.

Thank You for Your Support,

Paul Sullivan

Veterans for Common Sense

Safe Unsubscribe
Veterans for Common Sense, Inc. | PO Box 77304 | Washington | DC | 20013
23:34:00

 APFN-1 YahooGroups:

APFN MSG BOARD:
`In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.'
http://disc.server.com/Indices/234999.html

APFN CONTENTS PAGE:
http://www.apfn.org/old/apfncont.htm

"RADIO YOUR WAY" APFN POGO NETWORK ((  WOW!!  ))
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of
good conscience to remain silent"  -- Thomas Jefferson
http://www.apfn.net/POGO.HTM

Find elected officials, including the president, members of
Congress, governors, state legislators, local officials, and more.
http://congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/

APFN,
PMB 206, 7549 W. CACTUS RD. #104, PEORIA, AZ 85381