genio...@libero.it wrote:
I am using OpenOffice 4.  I did try to download the extension for
opening and modify a PDF document but there is no explanations about
how to run and use such zipped files.

Make sure you are using the version for OpenOffice 4.x (from the filenames you quote, you are already using it).

You will download a .oxt file; internally it's a .zip file but you should NOT expand it (if your browser does it for you, try with another browser).

You can install the .oxt file from OpenOffice, File - Open. Once it is installed, if you open a PDF file in Draw it will not display the ASCII Filter dialog any longer.

Regards,
  Andrea.