On 13/01/16 20:21, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> This comes from how Ubuntu (and I believe Debian) launch the binary.
> /usr/bin/thunderbird is a symlink to /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.sh. We
> didn't want to confine this file but instead /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.

FWIW, Debian ships code remarkably similar to Thunderbird under the name
Icedove, for the same trademark reasons as Firefox/Iceweasel.
/usr/bin/icedove is a symlink to /usr/lib/icedove/icedove which seems to
be the real executable.

> The glob is there because iirc ppa builds and older releases might use
> something
> different than /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.

How much do you want to support those PPA builds and older releases,
bearing in mind that if you meaningfully supported them, you'd probably
already know how they're structured? :-)

--
Simon McVittie
Collabora Ltd. <http://www.collabora.com/>