On 01/14/2016 05:27 AM, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On 13/01/16 20:21, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
>> This comes from how Ubuntu (and I believe Debian) launch the binary.
>> /usr/bin/thunderbird is a symlink to /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.sh. We
>> didn't want to confine this file but instead
>> /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.
>
> FWIW, Debian ships code remarkably similar to Thunderbird under the name
> Icedove, for the same trademark reasons as Firefox/Iceweasel.
> /usr/bin/icedove is a symlink to /usr/lib/icedove/icedove which seems to
> be the real executable.
>
>> The glob is there because iirc ppa builds and older releases might use
>> something
>> different than /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.
>
> How much do you want to support those PPA builds and older releases,
> bearing in mind that if you meaningfully supported them, you'd probably
> already know how they're structured? :-)

I wasn't saying we should continue with the glob; I was trying to give
historical context. I vote for:

profile thunderbird /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird { ... }

If we want to try to incorporate icedove, it could be done in a followup patch
with alternations in the binary attachment and the rules.