On 2016-02-22 09:53:50, Steve Beattie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a test git repo of the apparmor-profiles tree at
>
>   https://code.launchpad.net/~sbeattie/+git/apparmor-profiles-test
>
> based on a simple conversion of the bzr tree. The origin tree is pretty
> simple, we don't have any long term branches and it doesn't look like
> any used the --fixes bzr argument to annotate commits as fixing any
> specific bugs. Please poke at this tree (particularly those of you
> who have a clue what they're doing with git, unlike myself) to see
> if there's anything odd or messed up with the conversion or history.

While I haven't dealt with the apparmor-profiles tree much, this git
tree looks good.

It is also worth noting that there were no bzr tags used in
lp:apparmor-profiles so, obviously, there are no git tags in the test
tree.

> Converting the main apparmor tree will be more difficult in that we
> have multiple long term branches and we have made more use of the bug
> fixed annotations. It's also unclear to me if launchpad's translation
> service understands git repos. In any event, I'll try to get a test
> git repo up soon.

By "long term branches" of lp:apparmor, are you talking about
lp:apparmor/2.9 and lp:apparmor/2.10? If so, I think that'll be somewhat
easy to handle in a single git repo (with v2.9 and v2.10 branches).
We'll just want to make sure that we share as many objects as possible
with those branches and master. That'll probably mean getting the master
branch all fixed up and then branching off of master at the appropriate
points in master's history to create v2.9 and v2.10 and then pulling in
the newer commits to those branches.

As for the bug fixed annotations, I think the best that we can do is to
identify the commits that have a bug fixed annotation but do not include
a link to the bug in the commit message body. Those commit messages
should be modified to include a proper bug report link. (Note that since
this will require rebasing, this commit message fixup needs to happen
before the v2.9 and v2.10 branches are created.)

> Any feedback or advice is welcome. Thanks!

Nice job! What conversion tool did you end up using?

Tyler