Asymmetry isn't really part of the design, but the shadows all come
down at a 45 degree angle. The long legs fade back into the inner
shield backgrounds of the same color. The lower part of the long leg
of the cyan 'A' is actually a separate piece that blends the leg into
the shadow as if it was reaching back down below the source of the
shadow. I've changed the rate at which the color of the leg darkens to
make it appear longer and lengthened the gradient of the shadows cast
by the cyan 'A' and the leg of the white 'A'.