On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 2:32 PM intrigeri <intrig...@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Stéphane!
>
> Stéphane Graber:
> > AppArmor namespacing support similar to what's done by LXD has been
> > contributed to upstream LXC by Wolfgang Bumiller.
>
> Good news, thanks!
>
> > It's however a pretty complex new features which introduces new config
> > options, so we won't be backporting it to stable releases.
>
> Any chance the release branch that has this feature (presumably 3.x)
> becomes stable by the end of the year?

That'd be a question for Christian I think as he'd be the one doing
maintenance on it.

I think we were aiming towards February-ish originally but there's no
real reason to wait that long either, so if Christian isn't waiting
for some big changes to land before doing a non-LTS feature release,
we should be able to tag one next month.

It'd be worth someone make sure that current master with the apparmor
work that was done by Wolfgang will do the right thing out of the box
though, otherwise that wouldn't really achieve a whole lot.