Hi,

Wolfgang Bumiller:
> Sorry for the delay...

Well, what can I say…

> Looks like additional unit sandboxing features have been added, I guess.

My understanding is: it's not about new unit sandboxing features but
rather that before systemd v240, failure to set up these sandboxing
features used to be non-fatal (so units would not benefit from
systemd's sandboxing features but at least they would start).

> I can get the test-suite to not abort by using the following config in,
> tested with an unprivileged container on buster with the apparmor
> patches cherry-picked into the 3.0.2 tag.

For avoidance of doubt: I assume "the apparmor patches" means
434381b00..e7311a84e from lxc upstream Git master branch minus those
that are already in the 3.0 branch, so: 1800f92 and e7311a84.

> (Though I cannot really decipher whether the output is generally good
> or bad now ;-) )
>     lxc.apparmor.profile = generated
>     lxc.apparmor.raw = mount options=(ro,remount,bind) ->
> /run/systemd/unit-root/**/,
> […]

I see that lxc 3.1.0 has your commit e6ec0a9 which implements
something similar. Great :) Thanks a lot for the quick feedback
and fixes!

I've successfully run the test procedure [1] proposed by Michael
Biebl, slightly updated (I'll report the details on that Debian bug
report later today). I've used lxc from Debian sid (3.0.3-1) + the
2 commits from the AppArmor profiles generation patchset + commit
e6ec0a9. In the config of the LXC container I use for autopkgtests
I've set:

  lxc.apparmor.profile = generated
  lxc.apparmor.allow_nesting = 1

So I'm going to ask the lxc maintainers in Debian to apply these
3 patches so we have them even if Buster is released with 3.0.x.
Then I'll suggest the debci (Debian's autopkgtest CI system)
maintainers they set the 2 aforementioned options for containers used
for autopkgtests. Makes sense?

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/911806#20

Cheers,
--