Hello Annette,

We have received preliminary reports from some of our readers and
industry contacts regarding the freeze in the Pacific Northwest. At this
point, it is too early to assess the full extent of the damage. From
what we have heard, soft fruit seems to have been hit the hardest,
although some apple growers outside of Yakima have mentioned possible
crop loss of up to 50%. As we receive more updates on the severity of
the damage, we will be keeping our readers posted via our weekly
electronic newsletter (which, incidentally, you can sign up for by going
to www.americanfruitgrower.com <http://www.americanfruitgrower.com/>
and clicking on "subscribe").

Best Regards,

Megan Oster