Their prediction that a couple degrees of warming will make apple growing
unsustainable is a little premature;

I grow over 100 varieties of apples, including Gravenstein and Bramley, in an
inland valley outside of Los Angeles temps far hotter than Sebastapol on about
250 chill hours per year.  In fact, I have a nice crop while the nearby
mountain orchards are suffering a lean year.

Kevin Hauser
Kuffel Creek Apple Nursery
Riverside, CA

--