If Ron Prokopy could prevent occurrence of disgusting sooty blotch and flyspeck infections on his Massachusetts-grown apples with "a couple of well-timed fungicides", he certainly had an unusual prescience concerning weather. But that alone could not have made such a minimal pesticide program effective. He must also have developed some technique
        for steering ill-timed and redundant rain-clouds around his orchard.

        David Kollas
        Kollas Orchard
        Tolland, Connecticut